Recognizing Outstanding Members of Our Community
Our lives are usually too busy and hectic to take the time to properly say “thank you” to those who have made an impact in our community. Yet, showing our appreciation and gratitude is not only the right thing to do, but it helps inspire others to do good work, too! Making a difference in our world leaves a lasting imprint. That’s why Senior Services for South Sound is pleased to invite you to our first annual Community Recognition Brunch to honor three community champions who have contributed to the quality of life for seniors and their family members…
- EILEEN MCKENZIESULLIVAN, Executive Director of Senior Services for South Sound, is being honored for her 37 years of service. Her journey began working in the STARS Adult Day Program (now called Brighter Days). During the next three decades as executive director, Eileen was responsible for growing and developing many more vital programs.
- INGE MARCUS is being awarded for her philanthropic spirit. Her relationship with Senior Services started when her late husband Harold came to the Olympia Senior Center for an exercise program. When he quickly learned of the many benefits and programs, he wanted the whole community to know! Harold and Inge made a significant gift and established an endowment that will benefit programs and seniors for generations to come.
- ELSA MCLAIN is our beloved founder, former employee and board member of Senior Services. She was also instrumental in helping start the STARS Adult Day Program and the Senior News.
Saturday, October 19, 2019
10:00 am–12:30 pm
Olympia Senior Center
222 Columbia St NW Olympia
The Community Recognition Brunch also includes a chance to…
- BID ON SILENT AUCTION items (we’re actually quite famous for our auction)
- ENJOY BRUNCH with a festive fall theme by our very own South Sound Catering
- MINGLE with other community members RAISE THE PADDLE to support the neediest of seniors
- PURCHASE RAFFLE TICKETS for Holland America Cruise Line. A 12- day luxurious cruise for two, valued at $8,800. Or, you can buy the tickets now at 360.586.6181 or visit the Olympia and Lacey Senior Centers. The winner will be announced at the event!
TICKETS: $75 per person. To purchase, CLICK HERE or call 360.586.6181 or visit the Olympia and Lacey Senior Centers. For more information about the event, contact Maria Masse, Development Manager, at email@example.com or 360.586.6181. Thank you to our sponsors – Olympia Federal Savings, Funeral Alternatives, Heritage Bank and WSECU.